If you’re looking to calm both the body and the mind (and let’s face it—we could all benefit from a little R&R), look no further than the classic essential oil: lavender oil. While the pretty purple plant itself is a sight to see, its versatile essential oil is where the healing powers are at. From your head to your toes, lavender oil can help you de-stress, decompress, and develop your healthiest routines yet.
What exactly is lavender oil?
Lavender oil, also known by its scientific name Lavandula angustifolia, is a type of essential oil derived from—you guessed it—the lavender flower. Although it’s now grown globally, lavender is native to the Mediterranean, the Arabian Peninsula, and Russia.
The oil is extracted by a steam distillation process, in which the flowers are steamed, the steam is captured, and the oil is separated and collected from the water. You can usually find
READ more here:
Essential Oils and Depression
Did you know that at some point in their lives, around 1 in 4 Americans will experience depression? It is estimated that every year over 20 million people suffer from depression in the United States alone, and worldwide the projected figures are at 350 million sufferers.
Let’s face it, we’ve all been hurdled with the blues at some point in our lives but depression is more than just feeling low, and for some it is a severe disorder that they struggle with every day.
If you or someone you know has one or more of the symptoms below it could very well be a signal for depression and getting help:
- Constant fatigue and tiredness
- Insomnia or too much sleep
- Lack of energy
- Low sex drive
- Constant melancholy and sadness that you can’t shrug off
- Feelings of never-ending despair and in severe cases suicidal thoughts
- Bodily aches and pains
- Irritability and short-temper
- Inability to concentrate and focus
- Overwhelming feelings of being weighed down
- Sense of hopelessness and negative thinking pattern
- Lack of confidence and low self esteem
- Decreased or increased appetite including cravings
- Anxiety and rapid heartbeat
- Avoiding going out with friends, social situations, or spending time with family
- Wanting to stay in bed all day
If you answered yes to one or more of the above then you may have depression or be in a depressive state at this time in your life.
So what are the next steps?
READ MORE: https://upnature.com/blogs/news/top-15-essential-oils-for-depression-and-3-uplifting-blends
Continue reading “Top 15 Essential Oils for Depression (And 3 Uplifting Blends) By Up Nature”