Hello lovely people. Do you put on a mask sometimes, like everything in your life is going great, but in reality, your soul is crying because the darkness is closing in around you and you’re lonely? A lot of people are like this, and they refuse to admit it.
Most of the time we put on that brave, smiling face that we show the world and refuse to show our real feelings for fear of being hurt…that’s understandable. But what can we do when it gets too bad?
Here are a few tips:
- Take off that damn mask! You certainly don’t need to wear it 24/7. It’s not necessary to be everyone’s rock, everyone’s savior.
- You are allowed to be YOURSELF! It’s a bad idea to try and be someone that everyone wants you to be. Trust me, it may work for a while, but in the long run, you are the one who will come out the worst for wear in this situation.
- Try and make wherever you are living as cozy and comfy as possible. Now, this should go without saying, but a lot of people kind of forget that they can and should do this. They get so used to how their surroundings look and don’t realize that they can change things to make it more appealing to their liking. I’m not saying that you need to buy a lot of things to achieve this change, but I am saying that you can move your furniture around or perhaps paint a wall or two. Get a plant that you love or paint a few pictures (abstract painting works well if you don’t think you are a good painter), and hang them on the walls.
- Take up reading, if you haven’t already. When I lived in America, I used to love to go to the library, check out a pile of books that moved my soul, and read till my hearts’ content.
- Meet up with friends for something nice to eat or drink together.
- Cook a meal, using a new recipe.
- Take a hot shower (or a long hot bubble bath, if you’re lucky enough to have a bathtub). Afterward, take the time to spoil yourself by rubbing on some deliciously scented oil or lotion.
- Go for a walk….doesn’t matter where. Just get yourself out of the house and go for a walk to clear your mind. Trust me, you will feel better afterward.
- Meditate. It’s really not such a bad thing ya know. It will raise your vibration, which there, in turn, will make you feel better. Meditation isn’t always just sitting in the lotus position with nothing in your head. There are all different types of ways to meditate. Try some of them…you might figure out that you really like meditation. 🙂
- Make a list of all the things, people, and situations that you’re thankful for. Be sure to make it as detailed as possible. Really get into your mind and think about the little things that you have, or have happened to /for you and write them down. I find that it’s always a good thing to have some kind of a journal so you can do this every day…or as often as you possibly can.
Please note that YOU DO NOT NEED TO WEAR A MASK ALL THE TIME. It’s important to remember this because sometimes we forget.
You are human, and we all have feelings. Remember this and above all,
be true to yourself.