Here’s another plant-based recipe, perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, special occasions or just to make on a daily basis. I’ve never been a meatloaf-lover myself, but I do love this vegan meatloaf.
The classic recipe is made with ground meat, bread, and some spices. I’ve used legumes instead of meat and nutritional yeast instead of bread to make a gluten-free recipe.
This meatloaf is adapted from our veggie burgers, which are the best plant-based burgers we’ve ever tried. You can find the recipe in our Simple Vegan Meals ebook. I don’t know which recipe I like the most (the burgers or the meatloaf) because both are AMAZING.
I preferred to use a lined 9×5 inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan to make this meatloaf, but any other rectangular pan will do. If you don’t have any, you can also use your hands and a lined baking sheet, it’s up to you!
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Add the chickpeas and beans to a mixing bowl and mash them (photo 1).
- Add all the remaining ingredients of the meatloaf and mix until well combined (photo 2).
- Press the mixture firmly in a lined 9×5 inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan (photo 3).
- To make the glaze, mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl (photo 4).
- Spread the glaze evenly over top and bake for 50 minutes (photo 5).
- Remove from the oven and allow the vegan meatloaf to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing it from the loaf pan (photo 6).
- Tahini can be replaced by any
READ MORE HERE: https://simpleveganblog.com/simple-vegan-meatloaf/